Lead, Software Engineering
11/2016 – current
· Lead Software Engineer
Build and manage multidiscipline teams
Continuous research and development
Application architecture and implementation
· Acting Engineering Manager, Software
Manage all aspects of Software Engineering department
Support software architecture and design needs
Manage staffing to team averaging 130 members
Manage recruiting, hiring and placement of engineering candidates, new college graduates and interns
Manager, Software Engineering, Integration Architect
Lead, design and implementation of multiple SOA integrations for governmental agencies
Used SQL Server, BizTalk Server, SharePoint Server, .NET, C#, WCF, Web Services, XML, XSLT, XPATH, XLANG,
Human Ideas, Inc.
Consultant, Software Engineering and Architecture
02/2012 – 11/2016
· Client: Two Connect
o Working on multiple BizTalk projects. Highlights are Health Insurance clients, HL7, EDI, AS2, SharePoint, MS Dynamics Great Plains – eConnect
· Client: Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance
o Leader on migration of multiple integrations from BizTalk 2006 to BizTalk 2013, including hands-on development.
o SQL Server, HL7, BRE, ESB, SSO, BTDF, BizTalk Factory, BizTalk Explorer OM PowerShell deployment.
o Endpoints include SIEBEL, ESI, FACETS, SMART, STEPWISE, RAPIDRATE, CYC, EHEALTH, KAYSMITH, and HEALTHVAULT.
o Upgrade project includes simultaneous upgrade of Siebel 7.8 to 8.1
· Client: Emdeon Inc.
o Leader on migration from BizTalk 2002 XLANG, SQL Server 2000, SSSB, COM+, WCF solution to BizTalk 2013 R2 Messaging Based Routing, SQL Server 2014. Full re-write, hands-on development.
· Client: Intel Corporation
o Web Service Implementations supporting Intel solution for most major US TV Broadcast cable companies. Cryptography, SQL Server, Fluent Migrator, WCF, REST, JSON, SSL.
· Client: Corning Corporation.
o BizTalk Server 2006/2010, C#, SQL Server, XSLT, OAGIS, PowerShell
o Hands-On Leader on full SDLC - BizTalk Server Integration between Apriso FlexNet MES/SCM and PeopleSoft ERP.
o Mapped all operations as required by acquisition of ex-BD, current Corning CLS Plant in Treyburn, NC. This project required 16 integrations from Flex Net MES to OAGIS to PeopleSoft and vice versa.
o Implemented BizTalk Server integration between PeopleSoft ERP and SAP Module integrating Global Trade Compliance - GTC
o Mapped Corning COF operations to Global Trade Compliance - GTC SAP 6850. 6800, 1006 and EDI schemas using OAGIS canonical implementation.
SVP Application Architect, Sr. Developer
06/2010 – 01/2012
o Institutional Clients Group, Program Trading Framework Team
o Oracle, SQL Server, JSON, WCF, WPF, MVVM, PRISM, C#, Java, TIBCO
o Created and provided support to a WPF/MVVM/UNITY based application UI framework and data binding provider framework.
o Provided support for Program Trading application using above framework. Application averages 800K executions per day and 1.2 million across Sales and Trading.
Human Ideas, Inc.
Consultant, Software Engineering and Architecture
01/2003 – 06/2010
· Client: Credit Suisse Investment Banking
o Order Management Team
o C#, SQL Server, WinForms.
o Supported Global Order Management Application and International Trading Desk.
o Supported Canada, Mexico, UK and Hong Kong trading.
o Provided level 3 help desk support to International Trading Desks.
o Attended and obtained certification in 17 CSFB training courses. Details provided by request.
· Client: AT&T Corporation
o SQL Server, WPF, C#, Silverlight. Worked on Retail Kiosk and CMS Applications
o Responsible for all technical aspects of $1.8 million retail kiosk project including SQL Server, Data Integration, ASP.NET, Silverlight
o Built and coached team of architects, developers and designers for AT&T
o Structured designer-to-developer workflow, created WPF MVVM framework, and designed solution architecture
o Retails Kiosks were deployed to all AT&T Wireless stores nationwide in 2009
· Client: NCR Corporation
o WPF, C#. Worked on Retail Kiosk
o Implemented WPF front end on DVD rental touch kiosks using proprietary robotics and PC hardware.
o Retail kiosks deployed to Duane Reade and Walgreen’s drugstores nationwide, branded as Blockbuster kiosks in 2010.
· Client: BCD Travel
o WPF, Silverlight, C#, WCF, WF, WinForms
o Designed and presented innovative UI concept using WPF for $10M project.
o Received "INNOVATION AWARD" from BCD Travel, 2nd largest volume travel agency worldwide for bot solution.
o Developed TravelSource Agent ® UI guidelines and framework for Silverlight, WPF and C#.
o Completed release of application Beta to be used as the next new standard in travel agencies worldwide.
o Designed and implemented innovative HCI-UX solution using SMS, email, and IM bots.
· Client: Retaligent, consulting for Microsoft, Giorgio Armani, Mario Batali
o SQL Server, BizTalk Server, .NET Compact Framework, Windows Mobile 2005, Kiosk
o Designed a complete integration layer for Retaligent customer database using BizTalk Server 2006, SQL Integration Services and .Net.
o Integrated SSIS and BizTalk using a customer process involving both SSIS ETL and BizTalk Orchestrations.
o Created several mobility related and kiosk applications.
Work before 2003 – Architect, UI Lead Architect, Sr. Developer, Technology Evangelist, Project Manager, Software Engineer – Homebanc Mortgage, Aarons, Ashford International, Seagate Technologies, Eletronorte, Artplan, Itau Insurance, Capemi Insurance, Amal Insurance, Cometa Insurance, Capesa Insurance, Capemisa.
· Created and enforced usability architecture and design. Lead 500+ developers offshore team.
· Designed and developed application frameworks encapsulating .NET functionality in providers, allowing for more consistent code and helping enforce SOA, patterns and practices, as well as UI functionality.
· Designed and developed multiple ERP/CRM solutions as well as industrial hardware control applications. Other applications created include Point of Sales, Inventory control, bar code readers, optical reader, and MES software.
· Administered Continuous Building, Source Control, DevOps Implementations.
· Negotiated and implemented multimillion hardware project for Sao Paulo state government in Brazil funded by UNICEF.
· Completed pre-sales efforts and proposals for similar contract for Costa Rica government funded by IDB. Handed contract off to continue support to Brazilian state government contracts.
· Designed and built interfaces for industrial devices, optical readers, lottery readers, and other custom hardware devices.
· Worked as Technology Evangelist for SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY, performing Pre-Sales of large data storage solutions for clients including but not limited to SHELL, COCA-COLA, TEXACO, and SCHLUMBERGER.
· Created Software Solutions using ASP.NET, C#, WCF, Assembler, LPR, BASIC, OSBASIC, SIEMENS–NIXDORF Business BASIC, MUMPS, COBOL, dBase, and Clipper.
· Created and Implemented academic testing devices, lottery kiosks, hotel reservations kiosks, and other consumer-facing interactive applications
· Created Insurance (Participant) Applications, Benefit Applications and Actuary Applications for multiple insurance companies over 12 years.